Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Diverse schools in Cambridge

(4 Posts)
user1497690815 Sat 17-Jun-17 15:21:00

Hi,
I moving to Cambridge to be with my partner as his jobs means he has to stay there. I am black and I would like our kids to not be the only black kids in their class. Are there any diverse, good schools in Cambridge, I'm finding it hard to find info on this. Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

BringOnTheScience Sat 17-Jun-17 17:18:37

Cambridge is a very diverse city :-)

My job takes me into schools across the area and your DCs would not be the only black children in any classes.

Arbury primary in the north of the city is particularly renowned for its diversity. It's not a particularly 'naice' area, but the school is used as the model for teacher training in EAL and all aspects of diversity and inclusion. The Head makes a point if welcoming new parents by standing right by the display about diverse family types.

BringOnTheScience Sat 17-Jun-17 17:26:15

Realised you posted this in Secondary... so me recommending a primary is no use! Doh.

North Cambridge Academy serves the same catchment. Under its previous name it had a poor reputation, partly due to the catchment, but it's now part of CMAT so gaining from the best in other schools. It's really improving well.

Parkside in the heart of town is lovely. Very caring school that welcomes all. Just got Outstanding too.

Chesterton always impresses me when I visit - well organised and respectful kids.

And if your DCs are science focussed, do look at the UTC too. Roasted by Ofsted for poor record keeping in safeguarding areas ... very easily fixed now that they are in the Parkside federation.

user1483732237 Sun 05-Nov-17 12:15:20

Under-subscribed - so financial viability question marks - and just so many problems with UTC's generally. Read Michael Gove's article in The Times 10th February 2017

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now