Talk

Advanced search

Predict what qu's won't be on English Lit papers?

(7 Posts)
s4rah19 Wed 17-May-17 12:56:19

I've been reading online and wondered if it's possible to predict what won't be on the papers? If the poems that were used on last year's exam, in the mock and exemplar is it a pretty sure bet that they won't come up in monday's paper? Likewise if for example last year's question for An Inspector Calls was on Sheila and Gerald.

NotHotDogMum Wed 17-May-17 13:58:46

Watching with interest....feels a bit like playing Russian roulette wink

s4rah19 Wed 17-May-17 16:30:23

I know, I've been trying to resist refreshing the page too frequently lol.

catslife Thu 18-May-17 14:55:56

Hope this helps.
OCR are producing a series of blogs to help prepare for the new English lit 9-1 GCSE exams. The link is here www.ocr.org.uk/qualifications/by-subject/english/english-news/.

MissMillament Sun 21-May-17 17:01:10

There were no 'last year's papers' in English lit though as it is a completely new spec. So anything goes really. As I keep telling my Y11s...

clary Sun 21-May-17 17:28:04

Well if you are doing P&P, I am going to say not JA's depiction of attitudes to men or ditto to women, because that's what's on the two specimen papers DD has seen (AQA).

I'm going with Jane Austen's depiction of attitudes to love and marriage, with a quote from Lizzy talking about how important it is to marry for love.

Seriously tho, who knows?? There are no past papers so we just can't tell.

Redsrule Sun 21-May-17 19:49:02

Yes but there is no way you can exclude sample questions from AQA. Years ago with the old poems from other cultures they named the same poem three exams in a row! But I hope it is marriage in P and P with the extract being Lizzie and Charlotte Lucas!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now