Talk

Advanced search

English GCSE recommendations please!

(5 Posts)
user1494605233 Fri 12-May-17 17:37:14

My DD starts Yr 11 next year and wants an experienced English language & literature tutor. She is on an A and is aiming for an A*. She needs a tutor who is very familiar with the GCSE syllabus and exam techniques. We live in NW London. Any recommendations would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

TheSecondOfHerName Fri 12-May-17 17:47:32

DS2 also starts Y11 next year and his GCSE exams will be graded with numbers. He his hoping to do well in English language and literature (his teachers say he would have been an A-grade student under the old grading system). He is doing end-of-year-10 exams at the moment, and has memorised a selection of quotes, because the English literature is a closed-book exam. I'm not sure any of the teachers know whereabouts grade boundaries will fall for the new GCSE, as no one has yet taken the exam.

Allthebestnamesareused Fri 12-May-17 19:45:18

You will need to let any tutor know which board and which syllabus she is taking as they differ.

Trifleorbust Sat 13-May-17 07:41:22

Which exam board? I am an English teacher and know a few teachers in NW London who might take on students as tutees. PM me if you want to follow this up with more information.

user1494605233 Sun 14-May-17 15:47:50

Thanks Trifleorbust. I have sent you a PM. Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now