Talk

Advanced search

Advice on London Schools

(7 Posts)
barissoffee Fri 28-Apr-17 14:57:20

DS has a choice between Wetherby Senior and American School of London (for middle school). Please share any advice on how to choose between the two.

We want DS to go to university in the UK - so a UK school like Wetherby Senior sounds more logical. But then ASL has an established track record while Wetherby Senior is new....confused

AveEldon Fri 28-Apr-17 20:40:56

What is middle school?

tovelitime Sat 29-Apr-17 17:58:32

If you're staying in London I'd be reluctant to go for the American school purely because it has about 30% turnover each year. Going for a Uk school will be better for establishing long term friendship groups.

barissoffee Sun 30-Apr-17 02:06:07

Thanks

MunichLondonExpat Sun 07-May-17 21:19:08

Hi
I have a middle school child at ASL. If you were planning to send your child to the US for university, I would say ASL. Over the years, more students at ASL are studying in Europe UK. Look at their posted results. Curriculum is different. I have other children in the British system and I find differences.
ASL turnover is not high as most international schools. It is less than 15%. My child's grade has about 110 students and they only had about 10 new students. It will be interesting to see if Brexit changes this over the next few years.
Because turnover does exist and many families have lived abroad for years, in different cities, students and community is very welcoming.
Having your children lose a friend does not have to be a negative experience. My children have realised that by moving around the world the have established friendships around the world that will last a lifetime- we hope l. They email / FaceTime old friends and often see them in person when someone visits.

bibbitybobbityyhat Sun 07-May-17 21:23:43

You might be better off posting with the precise school names in the thread title.

There are thousands of schools in London.

barissoffee Sun 07-May-17 23:20:31

Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now