Talk

Advanced search

Reviews on Harris Girls Academy East Dulwich

(3 Posts)
gemgal Wed 26-Apr-17 17:07:42

Hi!
Anyone with kids in Harris Girls Academy East Dulwich? would appreciate feedback on the school . Thanks

birdlover1977 Tue 02-May-17 14:13:01

My daughter goes to this school. She has been quite happy there. Most of the teachers are caring and teach well (some not so good). There have been incidents of bullying but they have been dealt with swiftly. She is now in the sixth form studying for her A-Levels.

jessica80 Tue 30-May-17 10:04:17

I taught in this school for a year and have very mixed feelings about it. By and large the girls are great, but there is some very poor behaviour in some classes. The school does have good systems in place to deal with this though. While most of the teachers are incredibly professional and dedicated to their students, expectations from the Harris Federation are so demanding (70 hour working week is the norm for full time teachers) that a lot of teachers burn out very quickly and for this reason there is very high staff turnover: I think it's around 30% a year. This can't help but affect students' learning.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now