Advanced search

registration fo new french pupils

(4 Posts)
hamema Tue 25-Apr-17 22:47:18

Hello , i'm a french mummy and i want to register my children in a secondary school for september.Could someone tell me which paper i have to give to the council for my adress.I don't have yet rent a flat.We will come on july but i prefer find places fo them now.So Can you tell me which paper i need to have fo my adress?

PhilODox Tue 25-Apr-17 22:54:51

Do you mean you're moving to UK?
Which area? In England, you cannot apply for school until you have an address. There's no papers requiring notarizing, unlike France. You will need to prove address to school, usually rent agreement and a bill (e.g. electricity or gas, or council tax) or bank statement.

PatriciaHolm Tue 25-Apr-17 23:19:19

Some LEAs will take an application from abroad, but you will still need a provable address here in the U.K. - so you need to have a rental agreed here I'm afraid.

What years are they going into? Places for Yr7 have recently been allocated, so you will be looking at in year places for all years, which may mean different schools.

Places can't be held either (with the exception of a yr 7 place allocated to a current year 6). Once a place is given, you would be expected to take it up within around 4 weeks at most - so you couldn't get a place now for September for any secondary year other than year 7.

hamema Wed 26-Apr-17 22:01:29

Thanks for your answers.
My children will be in year 9 and year10.
I think they are going to go in a 1 french school for this year.But fo the older one i don't think she could success in an english school if she enters in year 11.It will be difficult fo her.In the french school they prepare for the GCSE too.
best regards.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: