Talk

Advanced search

Size 12+ footy boots - advice neded.

(3 Posts)
juiceFromConcentrate Sat 22-Apr-17 16:44:42

DS is measuring as 11.5, but his size 12 Nike footy boots are too tight. I'm not sure whether to just try a different brand, or up-size, and it's not so easy to just go into shops and try lots of different shoes, because stock tends to be quite limited at the larger end of the spectrum. Last time we went to our local Sports Direct they only had one size 12 in the whole store, and goodness knows whether they had anything bigger. They have large sizes online but their returns process is a pain in the neck, so I don't want to risk ordering the wrong thing.

Before we go out on a wild goose chase, does anyone have any guidance on which are the most generously-sized brands, and which high street stores reliably stock larger sizes (at reasonable prices)?

BackforGood Sun 23-Apr-17 15:12:43

Nothing specific, except to say that my dc have always had to go up a size in all football boots, whatever the brand.

mimbleandlittlemy Mon 24-Apr-17 13:09:37

My ds is a size 13 in trainers, with wide feet. Sports Direct are useless and we found the only decent place to get sports shoes including rugby boots and football boots was an independent sports shop, not one of the big chains.

Do you have a local independent? If not, when he was still a 12 we did manage to get them in John Lewis if you have one nearby (or can order and then return).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now