Talk

Advanced search

Handwriting help!

(3 Posts)
notsomanky Thu 20-Apr-17 11:45:43

DS1 is in YR10, and doing well generally.

His handwriting has always been bad, more because he has never really made an effort with it (DD & DS2 have Hypermobility Syndrome, but DS1 does not).

Primary school never focused on it, although his school changed that after his year left and have handwriting workshops now, which really benefited DD & DS2.

His handwriting has been the same since he hit High School, but the teachers never mentioned any issues, until this year when it has suddenly occurred to them that to mark his work examiners will have to read it!

We have in the past encouraged DS1 to be neater, but he more or less carried on doing what he was doing - his reasoning being that we were only his parents and if his teachers didn't mention it as a problem then we were making a fuss about nothing.

So now he has had a few notes in books regarding his writing and presentation, and we need to find him some help.

Does anyone have any ideas where to start? A lot of what I have found is aimed at primary school age, and would probably switch my 14 year old off!!

TeenAndTween Thu 20-Apr-17 12:43:12

touch typing?

My DD1 (dyspraxia) typed her CAs and her wordy exams.
My y7 DD2 (cause of issues unclear) is learning to type with support of the school and typing in some lessons.

notsomanky Thu 20-Apr-17 12:48:20

Teen I did think of typing, but as school say he is just untidy and has no additional needs they won't/can't allow it.

All his GCSE's will now be terminal examination style, so no CA for him. It comes down to the exam and the marker being able to read his writing!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now