Talk

Advanced search

Priestnall School Stockport

(3 Posts)
user1492589859 Wed 19-Apr-17 09:27:21

Hello,

I have a DS attending a Heatons primary school. I need to find out about Priestnall as he'll be finishing in a couple of years time. I know it's a massive school and a generally good one but I'd be grateful for any additional information. I'm a bit lost really...

Thanks! smile

Lucycat Thu 20-Apr-17 19:31:06

I'd recommend attending the open evening in both year 5 and year 6 if I were you. They are heavily oversubscribed this year with 40 pupils currently in the appeals process for next September.
I have to say though, and this will probably out me, they don't celebrate success very well. My dd got 11 A* in her GCSEs last year and not one teacher really congratulated her, no mention on the school website, no press release - she thinks it was because she wasn't one of the 'cool girls' I know how utterly amazing she is..... I have dd2 in year 9 so we didn't make a fuss...

Honestly? I think they are a bit staid in their outlook but the other options aren't great in the area.

Hth?

Mokok Fri 21-Apr-17 08:53:47

Thank you, that's really helpful. I'll start looking into open days etc.

11 A* in her GCSEs, wow!!!

smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now