Talk

Advanced search

Reeds School, Cobham - chances for my DD?

(3 Posts)
Zarz24 Mon 17-Apr-17 16:04:09

My DD is 15 and we sent her to Bishop David Brown, where she's doing well and is set to achieve 11 GCSEs at grade 8 under the new 9-1 system. She's interested in trying for Reeds, and I was just wondering what her chances might be? She's a smart girl and cares a lot about her education, and does a lot outside of school. Any advice whatsoever would be appreciated!

unfortunateevents Mon 17-Apr-17 16:50:09

Do you mean you are thinking of moving her for GCSEs or for A levels? Surely it is too late to move for GCSEs as she is halfway through the curriculum already? If you are thinking of moving for 6th form, I think the academic leap between BDB and Reeds is large and they are very different schools in almost every way. However, based on her predictions for GCSE she could very well get a place at Reeds.

Zarz24 Mon 17-Apr-17 17:46:51

Thank you for your reply unfortunateevents! Yes, she intends to try for a place there at sixth form. I understand the difference between GCSE and A level would be perhaps more dramatic at Reeds Han if she went to a state sixth form/college, but I think DD knows this and is willing to work towards getting and maintaining good grades. The only concern of hers is the enterence exams. Nonetheless, I have encouraged her to try for a place because you never know what can happen, and I don't want her to limit herself from good opportunities. Think she might try to apply for a scholarship/bursary as she can qualify for both.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now