Talk

Advanced search

Highgate Wood School or Hornsey School for Girls? Please share your views or info!

(5 Posts)
Nowdecide Mon 17-Apr-17 13:24:27

We have a place at one but have been offered the other. Can't decide. Worried that Hornsey is undersubscribed and that suggests other parents know something I don't - although I did like the school when we viewed it. Why isn't it oversubscribed?

How good is Highgate Wood?

I know no parents at either school so would love to hear anything from anyone with involvement in either/both.

I did post on local but nothing came back so I'm going national as last attempt to gather some intel!

Thanks in advance!

Peanutbutterrules Tue 18-Apr-17 00:13:50

My SD and SS went to Highgate Woods. SD did really well but is very academic. SS is bright but dyslexic and he really slipped through the cracks. Its a very large school, great results, but they both had issues with having a fair number of supply teachers.

Nowdecide Tue 18-Apr-17 20:41:54

That's interesting. Thank you!

GrimUpNorthL0ndon Fri 21-Apr-17 14:11:08

No direct experience of either school but my DC's friend will be going to Hornsey School for Girls in September. It was her first choice school. Also, a neighbour's daughter has been there for a number of years now and loves it and her parents speak very highly of it as do a number of other parents I have met whose DDs are there. The impression I have is that it has improved hugely over the last few years and has become a school that people are happy to put as their first choice whereas previously they might have gone for Highgate Woods or moved to get Fortismere.

Nowdecide Fri 21-Apr-17 23:12:27

Good to know, thank you. That's my gut feeling - it's improved/improving!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now