Talk

Advanced search

CLSG - Sep17 Year 7

(6 Posts)
youngmum2005 Wed 08-Mar-17 10:25:23

Hello!

Just wondered if anyone has a DD starting at this school in September?

Aware that there are a few people who are on waiting lists / appeals / making decisions but thought it might be nice to say hello to those who know they are going!

My DD is the only child from her school going and I don't know anyone else who has received and accepted an offer. We're East London based. Come say hello! What languages have you chosen for your DD?

Apologies if everyone already knows who is going to this school; I'm new to MN!

Starbucks33 Sun 12-Mar-17 21:56:04

Hi! Yes I have a daughter who'll be starting in September. Shes choosing Spanish and French as she's a little familiar with both.
We're based in Essex/East London also and a little nervous about the commute but I'm sure it's something she'll get used to. Your daughter will be travelling on the Central line ?

Pradaqueen Mon 13-Mar-17 02:38:57

I'm in! We're also Essex based. Will travel to L'pool St or Fenchurch St. Languages-wise we're probably going Spanih/French also.

Starbucks33 Mon 13-Mar-17 06:22:50

Oh how lovely! Looking forward to meeting somebody from this end. I was so sure my dd would be the only one travelling from around here. She'll be travelling with her dad for the time being. We're in Chigwell and will travel to Mile End then change for northern line and head for Moorgate. All very exciting. Unlike the increase in fees which excludes school lunches angry

youngmum2005 Mon 13-Mar-17 06:32:36

We're travelling east into Liverpool Street as well. If you're Chigwell based it might be easier to central line to Liverpool Street or St Paul's and walk? The hardest thing with rush hour can be changing trains.

My DD is going to travel in with us both but we suspect we're going to be asked to stand a little bit apart from her! Lol

I too thought mine would be the only one travelling in from this direction or even as far out as us; we're zone 4 and it's easy for people to think east London is just Hackney / Islington / tower hamlets.

Maybe I'll see one or two of you at welcome afternoon?

Starbucks33 Mon 13-Mar-17 09:41:14

Yes absolutely... we'll be there at the welcome afternoon. City will let us know exactly how many girls will be using the same travel route

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now