Talk

Advanced search

Secondary admissions allocation data 2017

(19 Posts)
BurnTheBlackSuit Tue 07-Mar-17 18:35:15

Secondary schools admission data showing who got in from what category seems to be available now (at least for the counties around me, I haven't checked the whole country). Usually under something like "how places were allocated" on the council websites.

Trb17 Tue 07-Mar-17 18:50:12

I wish it was like that here. No data at all on our council website.

MrGrumpy01 Tue 07-Mar-17 21:27:49

Nothing on our website either. I know it is available in the admissions booklet each year (so distributed September onwards), including information about appeals but I am not sure at which point this information is just available.

BurnTheBlackSuit Tue 07-Mar-17 22:56:14

The three counties that are near me have all put this information on their websites today, I was assuming it was a standard thing.

BurnTheBlackSuit Tue 07-Mar-17 23:17:17

Some example counties: Here is Lincolnshire: https://www.lincolnshire.gov.uk/parents/schools/school-admissions/find-a-school-place/starting-in-year-7/ (under downloads- yr 7 intake offers). Surrey: https://www.surreycc.gov.uk/schools-and-learning/schools/school-admissions/admission-arrangements-and-outcomes/how-school-places-were-allocated-in-previous-years (allocation of secondary places 2017) and here for Staffordshire: https://www.staffordshire.gov.uk/education/schoolsandcolleges/admissions/secondary/home.aspx

AlexanderHamilton Tue 07-Mar-17 23:25:05

Very interesting. For the first time ever the school in the next county (but only 15-20 mins walk from me) is over subscribed. It's in a traditionally poor area but since becoming an academy has a very good progress rating.

Our local secondary has 150 places & only 34 children applied!!!!!

AlexanderHamilton Tue 07-Mar-17 23:29:41

The next nearest school after that (10-15 min drive) turned away 65 children.

Middleoftheroad Wed 08-Mar-17 06:33:16

Are these LAs where most children secure first choice.
Not so sure our LA Birmingham - where we were allocated 6th choice (a school.nobody wants) will be so quick to publish...

techcorp Wed 08-Mar-17 10:04:14

I have had a look but couldn't find it on their website. Anyone found for Lancashire? If not once published could someone let me know. Will keep looking but there maybe others who find it before I do as difficult to check constantly.

Trb17 Wed 08-Mar-17 10:31:38

I'd like to see Lancashires too but not sure if they ever publish them.

AlexanderHamilton Wed 08-Mar-17 10:34:40

You could put in a Freedom of Information Request but that would cost.

yellomellow Thu 09-Mar-17 10:39:08

If anyone has the link for the borough of Sutton could they post the link please I cant seem to find it online.

PatriciaHolm Thu 09-Mar-17 11:33:12

yellomellow --

www.sutton.gov.uk/downloads/file/2588/transfer_to_secondary_school_2017_allocation_sheet

yellomellow Thu 09-Mar-17 13:22:54

Thank you Patricia much appreciated!

Girlwhowearsglasses Thu 09-Mar-17 13:55:52

Freedom of information requests don't necessarily cost.

I've just put on into the school we'll be appealing to for more detailed info on their admissions

techcorp Thu 09-Mar-17 14:21:01

Girlwhowearsglasse - Thanks. Will certainly look into this.

AnotherYellowBelly Thu 09-Mar-17 16:03:52

I had a look at lincolnshires, what does p1 , p2 etc mean?

BurnTheBlackSuit Thu 09-Mar-17 16:58:45

I am guessing that's the priority order, although they could really do with a key!

So for grammar schools, p1 would involve having passed 11+. Possibly also a catchment criteria?

For secondary's, it would be something like p1= LAC, p2= siblings, p3= catchment?

I am guessing though. It's not obvious!

AnotherYellowBelly Thu 09-Mar-17 18:17:20

Ah I've figured it out! P1 is first choice, p2 second, p3 third and p4 children allocated when they didn't list the school in their preferenceS

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now