Talk

Advanced search

Help Year 7 Geography OS map homework help please

(4 Posts)
Brighteyes27 Sun 26-Feb-17 13:26:41

DD was absent due to family funeral and missed the day homework was set. But says she has to do an OS map of either a place she's been on holiday to, her bedroom, her Home or street with OS symbols on and 6 figure references. Of course as she is in year 7 no homework in a printed sheet or online the only info I have to help her is her interpretation in her writing so not clear and no guidance. Any suggestions can just imagine the keys for the mess in her bedroom. Don't know how to approach this we live on a small street with no churches, hospitals other landmarks on etc. She's just getting shouty.

Brighteyes27 Sun 26-Feb-17 13:39:29

Help

fourcorneredcircle Sun 26-Feb-17 14:16:52

Choose somewhere famous and easy to get an online map for she can base her work on. Like Edinburgh high street? Or Cardiff docks. Somewhere like that, a specific area rather than a whole city. Is there somewhere she's been that she liked she could use? Then, she does her own version of the map, using a few OS symbols. If you google OS symbols they come up.

Lonecatwithkitten Sun 26-Feb-17 14:54:22

I am very firm about this if you get shouty I will not help. Only polite, calm girls get support with their homework.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now