Talk

Advanced search

Haberdashers or City of London ..!

(7 Posts)
secondaryschool Thu 23-Feb-17 14:09:33

My DS has done brilliantly and received offers from Habs and City of London. Both schools offered scholarships but city offers bit more than habs.
It's hard for us , which to choose !
We live in Hampstead. Door to door journey time for city 35min by train.
For habs 1hr and 15min by school coach.
My DS really love to go to Habs.
When we compare to City exam results habs are ahead and we love facilities at habs.
To get a school bus to habs my DS has to leave home very early and will return home late. To go to City he just need to take train from West Hampstead which is very convenient.
Would love to know what other mums think please? Anyone happy to share their experiences?
Please help!

Snax Thu 23-Feb-17 16:15:53

1h15m x 2 = 2h30m each day / 12.5hrs each week. That is a lot of traveling! (plus a cost of the school bus). City fees are less, which is also appealing. Re league tables...city is still high up the rankings...not sure why you are even hesitating...smile. Wish you all the best with making a choice.

jeanne16 Thu 23-Feb-17 17:40:17

Also the school bus is really inflexible. If he misses it, he has a problem. The tube will make him far more independent and streetwise. Go with City.

LilaGrace Thu 23-Feb-17 17:58:03

I'd go with Habs. At 11, your DS would be able to cope with the journey and that would only get easier as he gets older. It has so much space, fantastic facilities and your DS prefers it. The coach will become an enjoyable part of his day. Good luck with your decision.

LadyOhDearOhDear Thu 23-Feb-17 18:06:21

Go for space and facilities - he's got the rest of his life to commute on the tube.....! All my friends with DC who take school buses say they love it - it becomes a very social part of the day, or they sleep, or listen to music, or start homework.

Well done to your DS and good luck!

ChestnutsRoastingOnAnOpenFire Thu 23-Feb-17 18:10:23

2.5 hours a day travelling is bonkers when you have an easier option.

Threeschools Fri 24-Feb-17 22:24:36

A vote for city here. DS started last year and loves it. After exam day his first words were: "people are really happy here". And today he said again that he loves going to school, he laughs all day apparently smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now