Talk

Advanced search

Moving to Bristol

(7 Posts)
Mariamoreno Sun 12-Feb-17 12:52:42

Hello everyone ! Im new here , we live in France my husband is English and me Spanish, I'm looking for places t live in Bristol and good school

sleepymother Tue 14-Feb-17 23:56:04

Hello! Bristol is quite big, with a real variety of different areas - looking for somewhere good to live is going to depend on what kind of an area you want, what you're used to, how much you have to spend on the property, etc. In terms of schools, there is quite a lot of private school provision in Bristol and the state secondary schools used to have something of a bad reputation. The state schools have got much better in recent years and there are new state schools as well (a couple of independent schools converted to state academies, and a new state secondary school was built). If you give a bit more detail about what you are looking for maybe people can give you a bit more information?

Mariamoreno Wed 15-Feb-17 09:58:55

Thanks a lot!
I would love to live in Bristol o very close
I d like a state school as good as possible jajaja
I had a look I liked backwell but it's not in Bristol shock
Also readland green and cothan
We would like to rent a house 3 bed at less and pay around 1300 or 1500£ no more
My husband will be working in Filton
Thanks smile

Mary21 Wed 15-Feb-17 10:07:54

Don't know if you are Catholic. Friends ds,s did /doing well at St Bedes

Mariamoreno Wed 15-Feb-17 10:24:07

Yes we are ! I heard it's very difficult to find place and there are a lot of pupils? It's in Bristol? Thanks

TheBristolParent Fri 03-Mar-17 16:31:16

Hello, I've recently written a family area guide to Bristol over on my site, The Bristol Parent. This is part one: thebristolparent.com/2017/03/moving-to-bristol-family-areas-part-1/

Feel free to give me a shout via the site if you need any more help.

Mariamoreno Fri 03-Mar-17 16:50:06

Thanks you a lot I'll have a look!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now