Talk

Advanced search

Seeking boarding school with Learn Dev.Support & BTEC @ A levels

(15 Posts)
sidelines2017 Fri 10-Feb-17 16:18:44

I need to find a boarding school for Year 9 Sep 2017 that has excellent Learning Development Support and can offer BTEC courses should the child not be capable of A Levels? Any suggestions?

PuntCuffin Fri 10-Feb-17 16:28:11

You don't say where in the country you are and how far you could travel but what about LVS Ascot?
We went to look there this week for our DS who is a couple of years younger but has some issues with dyslexia, ADD and sensory issues ( still awaiting final reports...) . Seems like it would be a good fit for him. Their USP is their non-selective policy and learning support. They definitely offer BTec as well.

CMOTDibbler Fri 10-Feb-17 16:33:16

Bredon School have BTECs and other courses

sidelines2017 Fri 10-Feb-17 16:40:27

South East. So looking South East to South West and a little North

Mary21 Fri 10-Feb-17 16:55:42

Bedes near Eastbourne offers BTEC s in sixth form. Supposed to have very good value add and sil says pastoral care is very good

MrsMontgomerySmythe Sat 11-Feb-17 07:53:41

If your DC is a boy I can highly recommend More House in a Frensham.

timeforsomethingnew Mon 13-Feb-17 09:54:00

Seaford College do some BTECs and have good learning support.

teacher54321 Tue 14-Feb-17 18:36:38

Shiplake college, near Reading would fit the bill.

PuntCuffin Tue 14-Feb-17 20:31:00

Yes, had forgotten about Shiplake, even though it is on our shortlist blush and DH and I were discussing how different it is to LVS in terms of feel. It feels much older and more 'traditional', despite being substantially newer. LVS's current site was purpose built in the 1980s so it feels very modern.

HappyHoppyFrog Wed 15-Feb-17 16:34:49

Hello sidelines 2017. I had a quick look at my dd's school website as they have a renowned Learning Support but I had no idea about BTech as I'm quite new - they do and so here's the link!! It's a boarding/flexi/day school and whilst my dd only boards one night a week she loves it and the full boarders are really happy there. My dd has dyslexia and her reading age shot up within a few terms of being there - she was really lacking confidence when she started due to poor support in previous school and I'm so happy with where she is now that I recommend you have a look. Either way - good luck!!

www.westonbirt.org/subjects-3/

sidelines2017 Mon 20-Feb-17 11:32:21

Thank you I will take a look.

sidelines2017 Mon 20-Feb-17 11:36:48

It is not coed

sidelines2017 Mon 20-Feb-17 11:45:42

Thank you but we're not catholic.

HappyHoppyFrog Tue 21-Feb-17 07:20:00

Hello - just seen your post. Westonbirt isn't a Catholic school but if it's a boy you are posting about, Westonbirt not going to be any use! (didn't see the bit in the message stream where you specified) as it is single sex. If you want Co-ed, have you considered Wycliffe? Good rep for SEN so likely also BTEC, and offers boarding. Good Luck.
www.wycliffe.co.uk/

NancyJoan Tue 21-Feb-17 07:25:32

Have a look at Millfield, they offer BTEC as well as A levels, and fabulous extra curricular stuff.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now