Talk

Advanced search

Only two more days till results come out ... I'm so impatient

(14 Posts)
DIN2K Wed 08-Feb-17 11:26:41

The waiting for the SW London boys' schools is driving me nuts. All the girls at DS's primary know where they're going already. Anyone else sharing my pain ...

Keepcalmandcarryon2017 Wed 08-Feb-17 14:30:03

I completely feel your pain. I have a DD so am lucky as we have had some results but the days leading up to envelopes arriving were torturous. Plus our post comes very late, after midday, so that seemed to extend the hell. I am now waiting for post this Friday from KGS but we have some offers in the bag so i feel a lot less stressed. But yes, I share and empathise - nothing nice about the whole process. However i am starting to realise that probably it DOES indeed all work out in the end, and there will be masses of movement next week as people start making decisions, releasing places, waiting lists get called upon etc. Good luck!

PlumT Wed 08-Feb-17 14:46:05

Squeaky bum time in our house too 😳! You are not alone. We are in SE London and all results out Fri.

ClaraVine66 Wed 08-Feb-17 14:48:23

Me too! And this week is possibly the slowest week ever...

DIN2K Wed 08-Feb-17 18:32:28

Thanks. Then possibly our favourite one isn't out until 17 Feb!
How many places do the boys' schools and KGS over-offer, would you say?

sazzy5 Wed 08-Feb-17 18:38:23

It's a tortuous process but we are nearly there!

amidawish Wed 08-Feb-17 19:41:30

roll on friday.

at least we have a definite date for KGS. With the girls' schools i could barely function waiting for the post, thinking it "might" come / was due.

amidawish Wed 08-Feb-17 19:42:13

17 Feb !!

Keepcalmandcarryon2017 Wed 08-Feb-17 19:57:23

Is KGS being posted tomorrow, to arrive Friday yes? I estimated they interviewed around 300; probably offer to over half...?

amidawish Wed 08-Feb-17 20:05:40

yes, KGS posted tomorrow.

i think your numbers are about right keepcalmandcarryon
hopefully see you here next week for "which school?" dilemmas smile

DIN2K Wed 08-Feb-17 20:28:19

Good luck to all of your DSs and DDs. Hoping KGS letters don't get lost like their interview emails did (and my friends' PHS offer letters!!)

Aaaarrrggghhh. This way madness lies.

Michaelahpurple Thu 09-Feb-17 15:46:04

I'm awaiting Kings Wimbledon (pretest) mailing today but Westminster isn't until March, and Winchester May. Have really rather had enough of the whole topic now.

Thankfully DS, now that the exams and interviews are over, appears to have lost all interest !

DIN2K Fri 10-Feb-17 14:28:47

DS got Kingston and Whitgift - PHEW! Thank you for sharing the journey.

Hope everyone else got what they wanted. xxx

amidawsh Fri 10-Feb-17 14:53:45

well done DIN2K's ds

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now