Talk

Advanced search

Help - Churcher's College v Alton Convent

(3 Posts)
Sycam0re Mon 06-Feb-17 14:03:41

We have a shy DD who could go to either of these schools although one is logistically easier. She is not sporty.

Ideally, we want a school where pastoral care is hands-on & behaviour is excellent.

My impression of Churcher's is that it is big (120/year) & the children look super confident. The pastoral care seems to consist of putting children in houses for competitive sport - not sure how this would help a shy child to settle in?

Alton Convent is small (45/year) so easier to get to know everyone & pastoral care seems to be more hands-on...but...the teachers seem so nice that I wonder if they might not be strict enough to stamp on mean behaviour. We have had bad experience of kind, nurturing teachers & poorly controlled kids at a previous school.

Does anyone have experience of a shy child and/or pastoral care at either of these schools? I would be very grateful for any advice/experience shared.

hamitupshire1 Wed 08-Feb-17 22:40:00

Hi. We are also looking at Alton and our daughter also quite shy but been very impressed so far and looking as though we will send her there

Sycam0re Wed 08-Feb-17 23:04:00

Hi - that's interesting - what has impressed you?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: