Talk

Advanced search

Help - Churcher's College v Alton Convent

(3 Posts)
Sycam0re Mon 06-Feb-17 14:03:41

We have a shy DD who could go to either of these schools although one is logistically easier. She is not sporty.

Ideally, we want a school where pastoral care is hands-on & behaviour is excellent.

My impression of Churcher's is that it is big (120/year) & the children look super confident. The pastoral care seems to consist of putting children in houses for competitive sport - not sure how this would help a shy child to settle in?

Alton Convent is small (45/year) so easier to get to know everyone & pastoral care seems to be more hands-on...but...the teachers seem so nice that I wonder if they might not be strict enough to stamp on mean behaviour. We have had bad experience of kind, nurturing teachers & poorly controlled kids at a previous school.

Does anyone have experience of a shy child and/or pastoral care at either of these schools? I would be very grateful for any advice/experience shared.

hamitupshire1 Wed 08-Feb-17 22:40:00

Hi. We are also looking at Alton and our daughter also quite shy but been very impressed so far and looking as though we will send her there

Sycam0re Wed 08-Feb-17 23:04:00

Hi - that's interesting - what has impressed you?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now