Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Ipswich School

(5 Posts)
blackbird41 Sun 05-Feb-17 19:49:11

My son has been offered a place at Ipswich school. We liked the feel of the school when we went round and our son loved it but we don't know any parents from the school.

I also thought the school was selective but talking to the school, most of the candidates got a place there.

What does your son/daughter think of the school and do they stretch the brightest pupils?

justicewomen Sun 05-Feb-17 20:05:18

Our child is there; and is doing really well. It is a lovely, friendly school, with excellent teaching and a good range of opportunities for sport, music and community work. Pastoral care is exemplary.
The range of ability of the students is about normal Grammar School level, with the most academic students very well catered for. There is an academic excellence programme with additional stretch work given by teachers.
Do DM me if you have more detailed questions,

blackbird41 Sun 05-Feb-17 21:00:30

Thanks for your reply, v helpful

clerquin Mon 06-Feb-17 17:03:53

It's the top academic school in Suffolk if you're looking at exam results so you can't do better unless you're prepared to travel out of the county/further afield.

blackbird41 Thu 09-Feb-17 19:15:06

Yes, I hadn't thought of it like that. I think we're going to go for it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now