Talk

Advanced search

Kingston Grammar School 17

(3 Posts)
77789sunset Sat 04-Feb-17 19:40:54

Hi, I'm keen on KGS for my son in 2018 entry, I heard that this year the "no" letter to boys pre-interview said they are addressing the gender imbalance, 60:40, and girls are being given priority at interview stage, is this correct? It would be interesting to know next week at offer stage if Hampton is being more accessible than KGS for an 11plus boy.

nocampinghere Sun 05-Feb-17 09:37:58

i don't know. but if you think about it the girls have more good local options than boys, Surbiton is just down the road with a 150 intake. Surbiton and KGS exams clashed this year, the KGS reserve day was full and 95% were girls.
From our state primary, most girls did get interviews actually (certainly not all). Quite a few boys didn't though none that i would have thought definitely should have iykwim.

Wimbles101 Wed 08-Feb-17 19:52:59

Just on personal experience of boys we know only one passed rev 11plus for KGS - the other bright boys didn't. The one that did pass also passed Tiffin so that gives you an idea of the standard!
HTH

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now