Talk

Advanced search

Hampton interview

(6 Posts)
Surreyme Tue 31-Jan-17 15:39:44

Hi! DS has been invited to interview at Hampton school. Does anyone have any helpful tips on questions asked and how best to prepare?

NotAMusician Tue 31-Jan-17 15:48:01

Hm asked my son what do you expact to get from Hampton when you leave after 7 years here? Why you choose Hampton?

MilkMarketingBoob Thu 02-Feb-17 17:54:35

They want to know that he has something he's enthusiastic and passionate about.

May well be a question about reading (what are you reading at the moment / what was the last book you read / what book would you really recommend... that sort of thing).

They are looking for a vague awareness of and interest in current events -- so don't expect the boys to be able to debate the merits of hard vs. soft Brexit, but they should have an idea of big stories going on in the world and be able to say something coherent about them.

How would his friends describe him / how would his teachers describe him?

What's his favourite academic subject and why?

Where else is he applying? Is Hampton his #1 choice? Why is that?

Does he play any sports? (and if he does, what does he like about them?)

roseshippy Thu 02-Feb-17 18:27:59

My son couldn't interview his way out of a paper bag, but still got in. I don't think it's a big thing to prepare too much.

amidawish Thu 02-Feb-17 18:36:02

What does he like and does not like about his primary school?

SAHDthatsall Fri 03-Feb-17 10:23:00

Yes as above. It was a pretty relaxed interview at Hampton 2 years ago and DS said they mainly talked about football! They did ask (as usual) if the school was your number one choice and DS said something like yes definitely 100%... and that's the first time I've been able to say that and mean it!

Some of the boys in his year at the school now I couldn't imagine them interviewing well but they still got in - nothing personal, but they just seem very shy and quiet etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now