Talk

Advanced search

What do you know about Marymount International ??

(5 Posts)
Mumofthreelondon Sun 29-Jan-17 22:35:54

Any views? I really like it when I visit but can't find too many reviews - Any help appreciated ?!?

teddygirlonce Wed 01-Feb-17 11:52:03

Live in the right part of London to know about this school but it just doesn't seem to be on (m)any people's radar at all. One very seldom even hears it mentioned in conversations about schools in SW London.

I only know of one family who even considered it for their DD. However, they were newly arrived in the UK and so not particularly au fait with the merits (or otherwise) of local state or private secondary school options.

I am under the impression that most of the girls there come from overseas?

Sorry not to be more helpful.

Mary21 Wed 01-Feb-17 14:24:48

Expensive

agapanthii Wed 01-Feb-17 14:49:56

I know a couple of families who have used it, happily. All similar routes - an international school for international 'trailing' families who have often experienced several different education systems, often multilingual children, who due to their international, often nomadic experience may not slot so easily into the local super-selectives in the area. (most of the other private options locally are very selective indeed and difficult to enter outside of normal, highly competitive entry points.) So it serves a purpose.

jeanne16 Wed 01-Feb-17 16:38:48

It offers the IB which is attractive to many people. However it has a very transient population with girls coming and going as their parents move countries.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now