Talk

Advanced search

School shoes that lasts and are a bit quirky

(10 Posts)
Enkopkaffetak Sun 29-Jan-17 13:49:04

Dd3 is currently wearing plain Dr Martens to school. However she says they are not the best she has had.

They have however lasted a full year. Unheard of from her. Usually she is a pair a term.

Her school has a strict uniform code. No boots no vans no trainers no converse has to ne plain black.

Dd3 however is quirky and hard wearing on her shoesm Clarks never have a size to fit her. We have had luck with Hush puppies but they dont last well.

So ideally i want something with the durability of the Dr Martens and their quirkiness in plain black.

Does This exist ?

misscph1973 Sun 29-Jan-17 14:14:22

Try Campers.

Stilitzvert Sun 29-Jan-17 16:22:16

The girls here wear kickers

WankersHacksandThieves Mon 30-Jan-17 22:37:31

How about these?:

www.schuh.co.uk/womens/kickers-kick-suma-petal-black-flat-shoes/1366237020/

or these:

www.schuh.co.uk/womens/kickers-kick-lo-patent-black-flat-shoes/1308027040/

Heifer Wed 01-Feb-17 09:02:49

My DD (13) has these

www.kickers.co.uk/womens-kick-t-bar-classic-aztec-p5363

personally think they are fugly, but they seem to be very popular here.. She walkts 25 mins to school every day and seem to be lasting very well.

Floggingmolly Wed 01-Feb-17 09:14:20

"Quirky" and "school shoes" don't belong in the same sentence.

eddiemairswife Wed 01-Feb-17 09:53:10

I can't help feeling that if you buy quirky shoes for your daughter you will end up as sad faces in the Daily Mail.

misscph1973 Wed 01-Feb-17 11:43:01

The OP just wants something a little different, but within school uniform regulations. I can understand that. It's so boring to see all the girls in the same Clarks shoes.

Have you looked at Vivi Barefoot? They sometimes have school shoes.

teddygirlonce Wed 01-Feb-17 11:46:25

I was going to say Kickers too. When we looked at secondary schools for DD earlier on this year, at some of the schools the wearing of Kickers was so widespread we assumed them to be a compulsory part of the uniform!

CountessDracula Wed 01-Feb-17 15:19:13

www.startriteshoes.com/girls-shoes/angry-angels/impulsive-black-hi-shine-leather-girls-school-shoes

DD has had 3 pairs of these in a row
They are very durable, comfortable and you don't seem to have to polish them, they magically stay shiny on their own!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now