Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anyone remember my threads about ds, the knife and the managed move? UPDATE

(13 Posts)
youarenotkiddingme Mon 23-Jan-17 21:09:34

I had amazing support from Mners when my ds attended local school (academy) and they were worse than useless and flouted any care and policies - spoke like politicians and basically denied my ds needs were what they were. (Asd and spld)

Ds was falling apart at the seems and all they kept saying was behaviour was home issue as not at school - despite it being about school. And reports about this from EP and camhs.

They didn't deal with escalating issues between ds and another student despite them ending up excluded for a fight. (Student pinned ds against the wall and ds punched him blush)

The student then pulled a knife in ds and I only knew during the day as school told me via telephone call and logged the reason for call.

Ds refused to attend anymore.

I complained and the outcome has been them saying it didn't happen therefore they can't have failed to follow policy hmm

Well.....
Ds is doing great at his new school. They have put in numerous amounts of support, intervene with issues with other students, support him and most importantly of all DS IS HAPPY AND ENJOYING SCHOOL AND NO MORE DAILY MELTDOWNS OR REFUSALSgringringringrin

But I have escalated the complaint to EFA as I don't believe they can and should find themselves in favour by denying recorded events.

But most of all - have I said? DS IS HAPPY grin even his GP who saw him last week and hasn't seen him for 6 months since he had his breakdown couldn't believe this pale frail child was the same one.

mogloveseggs Mon 23-Jan-17 21:11:49

I think I remember your thread. Brilliant news about your ds you must be so relieved that he is happy.

youarenotkiddingme Mon 23-Jan-17 21:15:26

I can't believe it.

In between all this we had the tribunal for la refusing to assess for ehcp. La knew school were crap and used it as defence but used school as witnesses as know their tactics.

The judge ripped them to shreds and I won.

Sadly during this time my mum was DD with cancer - a rare and difficult to treat (rarely able to cure type sad). So I did t attend panel for complaint as didn't have strength to face school staff alongside everything else.

There are difficulties for ds - but school deal with them. Because they deal with them ds feels safe and secure.

He still tells me stuff about what happened at the academy and it's still hard to hear. But he needs to talk about it as and when to move on for good

mogloveseggs Tue 24-Jan-17 09:25:31

Sorry to hear about your dm flowers
If it's difficult for you to hear would counselling for your ds help?

Great news for your DS. Sorry to hear about your DM flowers

It is fantastic that your DS thriving at his new school. grin

Tikky Tue 24-Jan-17 10:18:11

Sorry about your Mumflowers

Great news that your son is doing well. You should be pleased with yourself for getting it sorted out.

HolisticAssassin Tue 24-Jan-17 10:21:33

Lovely update. Really really pleased for you. brewcakeflowers

Blu Tue 24-Jan-17 11:55:01

Very pleased for you and your DS.

Well done.

Sorry about your Mum sad

youarenotkiddingme Tue 24-Jan-17 17:13:46

Ds has had some support. Problem is because of his asd he can't really understand or discuss emotion - hence why it comes out as anger. He just has to talk factually about things as and when.

He's still the same child, same needs, same behaviours - but this is supported. It's all he needed.

mogloveseggs Tue 24-Jan-17 17:18:10

Sounds like the new school is a perfect fit!

Leeds2 Tue 24-Jan-17 18:07:25

I'm glad that your DS has found a school where he is happy. He will learn better because of this, imo.

Sorry to hear about your DM.

Peanutbutterrules Tue 24-Jan-17 22:13:01

Its great what a good school can do, and so frightening about the damage a poor one can cause. So pleased it's worked out for you.

Sorry to hear about your DM.

youarenotkiddingme Tue 24-Jan-17 22:23:44

Thanks all.

Ds is sporting a slightly more dodgy haircut than my mums chemo head ATM having chopped his fringe after a meltdown today. Apparently he felt he'd mucked his hair up when he head butted the table and was cross about it so cut it hmm

Quick email with senco as I wonder if directly related to keyworker being of ill and we have a plan. Such a difference to the load of excuses and denial it ever happened I use to get.

Ds will unfortunately do these things. All I ever want to to work with school to try and reduce/ stop it.

Ds is happy if he feels supported and if people care - I'm soooo pleased they finally do.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now