Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Best Ks3 maths book?

(8 Posts)
HeyMacWey Mon 16-Jan-17 15:22:45

Any recommendations for a good Ks3 maths book (mainly for me so I can support ds with maths at home grin)?

Lazybeans50 Mon 16-Jan-17 16:06:45

BBC bitesize ks3 maths is pretty useful.

pelicantown Mon 16-Jan-17 16:09:03

Khan academy - not specifically key stage three but a really good online programme and free .

GU24Mum Mon 16-Jan-17 22:39:37

We've got some of the Lett's KS3 books. The best thing is to go to WHSmith and flick through the different series of books and see which style book you prefer - I've just done a similar thing to help one of mine a bit.

Peanutbutterrules Tue 17-Jan-17 13:28:35

CGP are really good

HeyMacWey Tue 17-Jan-17 13:45:33

Lovely - thank you.

happy2bhomely Tue 17-Jan-17 13:53:25

We like CGP the most.

The actual textbook is very good for lots of maths practice, but the revision guides are great for recapping things.

We use Mathsbuster by CGP. It was a one-off payment of around £10 I think, but it is an online program with tutorials and levelled practice. I do it when the kids are in bed. My eldest is doing GCSE's this year and he's lost me at surds and vectors, but my algebra is improving massively!

portico Sat 21-Jan-17 04:26:35

I like CGP MathsBuster, too.
For KS3, I like the tiered Progression Workbooks by Pearsom. They are a well-kept secret treasure trove of thematic KS3Geography maths questions.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now