Talk

Advanced search

Year 10 - time to think of home gcse schooling?

(7 Posts)
homerboy12 Fri 06-Jan-17 10:32:52

Hi
DD in Year 10, due to take GCSEs June 18. 2016 was a dreadful year for her, developed emetophobia/ocd resulting in lots of school being missed. Had great therapy and meds and on the mend; however on the mend, but not at school, struggling immensely with anxiety/depression re being at school, environment, gcse worries, and 'girl' friendship groups not including her. She is desperately unhappy.
So as parents, is it time to rethink other options? For the sake of 14 months and potential £1200 (cost to do 4 gcses home schooled /online) should we research further?
Is it legal to take her out and home school?
Has anyone experience of this online resource (Oxford open learning)
Thanks in advance

You might want to try the home ed board for this.
www.mumsnet.com/Talk/home_ed

homerboy12 Fri 06-Jan-17 10:59:45

thx

kimlek Fri 06-Jan-17 13:44:03

I've absolutely no clue but couldn't read that and then not send you & your daughter best wishes 💐

mummytime Fri 06-Jan-17 17:50:04

I'd also consider internet high as an option. Also I've known lots of people do home ed GCSEs for less than that.

Essexmum69 Fri 06-Jan-17 19:16:13

Have you spoken to the school? A friends son had a similar problem, the school were great and allowed him to restart the whole year with the next cohort.

sayatidaknama Sat 07-Jan-17 10:38:35

One of my DC also in Year 10 started at Inter High last term. We're abroad so it's the best (temporary) option for us. I was a bit dubious but the teaching is very good and it seems to work well. It might be a good option for your DD while she's on the mend?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now