Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

barnett - residential localities

(7 Posts)
ssta0131 Tue 20-Dec-16 16:14:22

Hi,

We are planning to move in the vicinity of Barnett and would like to check with mums and dads of good localities in the surroundings of Barnett.

To help understand our situation:

My DD has scored well in Barnett Grammar school exam and we seem to be confident of getting this particular school. Considering we currently live too far (~25 miles away) to make daily round trip for school pick up and drop we are thinking of moving to a place where we can find a good state primary (for younger one) and can be commutable for Barnett Grammar school as well.
Obviously we can only be 100% sure when the results get declared.

However we would like to identify places/localities and request forumites to please provide their inputs for residential places where we should be looking for property to rent.

Thank you in advance.

Kr, Ssta

graveyardkate Tue 20-Dec-16 18:29:37

Do you mean Barnet, North London, Henrietta Barnett School or somewhere else entirely?

ssta0131 Tue 20-Dec-16 18:37:00

thats right. Henrietta Barnett School, Barnet, North London.

graveyardkate Wed 21-Dec-16 08:30:44

Most of Barnet is nice I think.... but pricey. Anywhere that's walkable to HB will be very pricey! You might find it cheaper to edge into London Borough of Enfield or LB Brent - seek advice from the school on bus routes used by pupils. I think there is school transport but it's about £500+/term. There is also a Transport For London school bus which takes pupils from school to Golders Green tube station which opens your options up a bit. Perhaps try asking for this thread to be moved to the "Secondary Education" section for further advice from people with kids already there who know the area better than me.

ssta0131 Wed 21-Dec-16 10:57:22

Thanks for the advice.
New to these forums. So not sure how to request this thread to be moved to "secondary education".
Any moderators around? Who can help with this.

Kr

HowardMoonsJazzTrumpet Wed 21-Dec-16 11:20:40

You need to 'report' your original post, using the ! and request that it is moved. There aren't free range mods on MN.

allzwell Tue 27-Dec-16 11:22:25

Following

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now