Talk

Advanced search

KS3

(4 Posts)
Soba Thu 15-Dec-16 00:24:05

We have just moved to a UK curriculum school and my child is in Y7 of KS3.I I was wondering how aligned is the AOPs (Art of Problem Solving)to the UK's national curriculum.My child is in the Year7 of Key Stage3 of the U.K. system.Hv bought the pre Algebra book for him :The Art of Problem Solving and was wondering if it would be useful for him/help him meet school challenges /expectations.Any info. would greatly help!!
Best,

Soba Thu 15-Dec-16 00:24:30

I was wondering how aligned is the AOPs to the UK's national curriculum.My child is in the Year7 of Key Stage3 of the U.K. system.Hv bought the pre Algebra book for him and was wondering if it would be useful for him/help him meet school challenges /expectations.Any info. would greatly help!!
Best,

irvineoneohone Thu 15-Dec-16 14:45:53

I am not sure how it's aligned with UK NC, but some terms they use are different in England. It's targeted more able children, so if he is able, he will enjoy the videos etc. I think it's American version of UKMT.

www.artofproblemsolving.com/

AtiaoftheJulii Thu 15-Dec-16 23:10:54

I've looked at the AOPS website before but not bought any books (they always seemed very pricey!). There's no reason for it to have any alignment with the UK NC, but it will all be useful stuff and help with his maths in general over the next couple of years I should think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now