Talk

Advanced search

Latest view on Queen's College? Head leaving to go to G&L

(4 Posts)
NotdeadyetBOING Wed 16-Nov-16 14:12:32

Wondering what current parents/people who know children who go to Queens make of the school these days. My understanding is that it has a reputation for being a bit of a naughty finishing school type place back in the day, but has sharpened up its act academically under the most recent head (who was ex-Westminster). But now she is jumping ship to go to G&L, should one worry? Can't see any recent threads. Any current views on any aspect of the school (pastoral, academic, social, type of girls who attend etc.) would be really welcome. TIA.

Needmoresleep Wed 16-Nov-16 14:23:02

G&L are a larger school, and, I think, pay relatively well, so it would be a natural move for a good head.

A friend's daughter is very happy there, and is being nurtured. We know another girl who moved, looking for a bigger environment to suit a fairly robust personality. A lot seems to be about fit.

NotdeadyetBOING Thu 17-Nov-16 09:21:49

Thank you Needmoresleep. All input very helpful. Will watch carefully to see who new Head is as I suspect it will be key given that there was quite a change under current one.

NotdeadyetBOING Wed 01-Mar-17 10:41:08

Anyone???

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now