Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What is a Home Learning Timetable?

(8 Posts)
cakedup Tue 08-Nov-16 11:42:25

DS is in year 7 so I'm new to all this.

He brought home a Home Learning timetable (and of course he didn't have a clue what it was).

I'm presuming it's a timetable of what homework is given when? Only thing is it doesn't fit in with what's been happening so far (although maybe it's a sign of things to come) and one of the homework subjects is on a day he doesn't even have this subject!

Balletgirlmum Tue 08-Nov-16 11:49:01

Some schools call homework Homework Home Learning.

The timetable can either be the day of the week the homework is set or the day of the week it's expected to be completed.

Eg. Maths, French English & science are given in Monday's but because that's too much for one night they list science on a Tuesday.

We keep tabs & complain if the timetable isn't adhered to as we plan around it.

OdinsLoveChild Tue 08-Nov-16 11:50:11

We have home learning timetables.

The homework is set online. They usually have to access it online and complete it for a later date (2 weeks here).
They don't have the same subjects on the date the homework is set on, its to space their homework through the year.
I know my DD has a very large project in Science set on her homework timetable for December. I have changed after school activities to make sure she has the time to complete it.
It helps children plan for the future and it helps make sure they have enough time to fit it all in. No excuses for it being late.

cakedup Tue 08-Nov-16 12:46:40

I wish DS' homework was set online, he is severely dyslexic and so often does not have time to write down the homework, or we can't understand what he has written.

It helps children plan for the future and it helps make sure they have enough time to fit it all in. Yes that makes sense, I just hope the school adhere to it otherwise it just creates confusion.

Foxyloxy1plus1 Tue 08-Nov-16 16:26:00

It doesn't matter that the home learning is expected to be done on a day that he doesn't have the subject. It will be issued in the lesson, or online and he will be expected to do it on the night scheduled. Of course, he can do it before if he chooses. It's a question of regulating the home learning so that it doesn't pile up on one night.

cakedup Tue 08-Nov-16 17:47:07

Oh ok, so it's just basically a planner that spreads the homework out so it's manageable.

BackforGood Tue 08-Nov-16 23:34:24

I wish DS' homework was set online, he is severely dyslexic and so often does not have time to write down the homework, or we can't understand what he has written

Please talk about this with the school - either form tutor or Head of Year or ask to speak to the SENCo. There are so many ways this could easily be resolved if you bring it to their attention.

cakedup Fri 11-Nov-16 19:07:11

BackForGood I have a meeting with the senco on Tues actually. I have brought it up with the form tutor before who emailed all the teachers so they could be aware but they just forget. Another suggestion was to ask a classmate to write it down, but again, not dependable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now