Eton Pretest help?

(5 Posts)
Cosynightsin Tue 08-Nov-16 11:18:08

My ds has applied to Eton. He is doing the admission test soon and attends a school that doesn't normally send boys to Eton. We haven't had a tutor just given him a little practice on nvr.
Can anyone give any tips, words of wisdom? He's very excited and looking forward to it.grin

Eton2017 Tue 08-Nov-16 13:56:46

Don't worry about it! DS in a prep school that does regularly send boys to Eton had no preparation except a practice interview for the pretest, and none was needed. The test is (DS said) more like a computer game than like standard NVR/VR tests (I had nervously shown him a couple of those: pointless :-) Maybe let your DS play Minecraft as preparation...

Good luck!

Cosynightsin Tue 08-Nov-16 16:52:12

Thanks for that. He loves puzzles and games grin

MrsBernardBlack Tue 08-Nov-16 17:14:16

They will be looking for boys who are 'lively and commicative', so a few practice chats about his hobbies and interests might be useful. It doesn't matter if his favourite activities are not madly intellectual, but if he can chat away about why he enjoys them then that will help.

Good luck, I hope it goes well. From experience your DS won't be able to remember or tell you anything about it afterwards, which is a bit frustrating smile.

Eton2017 Wed 09-Nov-16 12:34:07

Or he may. I could tell you in some detail about the test. I won't, though - one thing I was amused by was my DS telling me what he hadn't mentioned at his prep school because he thought it wasn't fair that others should know what was coming! I don't honestly think it would make much difference to know, but I'll respect DS's wishes grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now