Talk

Advanced search

scottish cfe

(4 Posts)
user1478115241 Wed 02-Nov-16 19:43:39

My kids are in S1 and S2 in a Scottish state school. They get virtually no homework is this the norm? I mean is it the same in other Scottish schools?

Roseformeplease Wed 02-Nov-16 19:49:12

Not in my school. I set an hour a week (English) of writing plus lots of reading. They usually get about half an hour per week for most other subjects. Nothing for some (Technical, HE etc).

LunaLoveg00d Thu 03-Nov-16 08:49:10

My S2 gets about the same amount as I did at a similar stage. Lots of reading of chapters for English. Maths sheets, revising French vocab, exercises on verbs etc. Subjects like Geography, History and Modern Studies seem to set an end of block project rather than regular smaller pieces of homework - since August he's had to do a project on gun control in the US and for geography on a volcano/earthquake etc of his choosing. He's just started a history block and has been told there'll be another large project due before Christmas. He's also had bits and pieces from other subjects - even drama although that's mainly preparation for the next day's class.

Twolittlejobbys Thu 03-Nov-16 08:56:14

Nope! Very little homework here!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now