Talk

Advanced search

Is Roedean full of mainland chinese and Hong Kong girls?

(6 Posts)
gerger Tue 01-Nov-16 10:12:08

Hi, just go through the webiste of the school, everything seems pretty good, academic improve this year, good weekend program and activities, girls seems happy there. They privided the vedio from girls in mandarin and cantonese, is that means they have quite a lot number on them right? Anyone know the recent in school? Many thanks

Megainstant Tue 01-Nov-16 10:13:57

I think most independent schools have plenty of Chinese girls. They keep the schools going and do wonders for the results!!

Michaelahpurple Tue 01-Nov-16 13:56:16

Roedean is considered to have extremely high proportions. I haven't seen any stats for a few years so you should check (ask them) but at one point rumour has it they had reached mid to high 40s. This can have a big impact on weekend life.

ploughyourownfurrow Tue 01-Nov-16 14:33:50

Chinese girls are a wonderful influence. They are very hard working and usually come from very loving/warm families, IME. I would be very happy for my daughter to be surrounded by lots of Chinese girls. They have a brilliant work ethic and make loyal friends.
Are you perhaps a Chinese person wondering about opportunities for your daughter to speak English with native English pupils?

Megainstant Tue 01-Nov-16 14:37:10

My dds experience was that the Chinese girls very much stayed in a unit and didn't mix particularly. They don't tend to play much sport so get a bit left out that way.

kindredspirit12 Tue 10-Jan-17 20:14:43

All changed. Lower years predominantly (90%) British. Award-winning Head, impeccable pedigree , has rapidly improved academic standards so attracting top girls away from other elite schools. Parents are flocking here. To say DD loves it here would be an understatement.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now