Advanced search

paying for exams

(3 Posts)
Grikes Fri 21-Oct-16 03:57:14

Friends of mine have asked if the school does not want their daughter to take the GCSE but ask her to take BTEC instead. However they insist , on taking the GCSE. How would they arrange it?

noblegiraffe Fri 21-Oct-16 07:17:40

Just the exam? Would the child study the GCSE independently? BTEC and GCSE do not cover the same material so the DC would need to self-study.

For the exam the first option would be to get her school to enter her for the GCSE with the parent picking up the cost. If not, then they would need to find an exam centre (like another school) where the child could enter as a private candidate. This could well be more expensive.

Whynotnowbaby Fri 21-Oct-16 07:27:30

If they are entering her for BTEC not GCSE they will be pretty certain that she will not be able to pass the GCSE you certainly can enter exams privately - elsewhere if the school won't allow it but I'm not really sure why you would set her up for failure.

Get them to discuss the reasons for her doing BTEC with her teacher and why they feel this is the better option - they may feel happier if they understand the reasoning better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now