Talk

Advanced search

Francis Holland schools

(6 Posts)
ReadTheWholeFred Wed 12-Oct-16 08:51:25

Does anyone have any information about the difference between Francis Holland Sloane Sq and Francis Holland Regents Park?

We live in west London and our daughter could walk to District Line or Hammersmith and City line and get train to either school with full journey to either being about 35 mins.

When we visited I thought the Regents Park school seemed slightly less, well, Sloaney and therefore I much preferred it. However I fear she way be the only west London girl there and meeting up with friends after school would be easier for her if she goes to Sloane Sq.

Also I preferred the site at Sloane Sq. But Regents Park does get marginally better results.

Any info gratefully received.

jeanne16 Wed 12-Oct-16 09:40:15

FH Regents Park is considered slightly more academic than the Sloane Square one. I don't really know why.

user1483816984 Sun 08-Jan-17 10:36:03

Sloane Square's GCSE results this year were markedly better than Regent's Park's. The academic profile is decidedly stronger year by year at Sloane Square - and its reputation for girls' wellbeing is outstanding.

AnotherNewt Sun 08-Jan-17 10:42:04

The new head (well, not so new, it must be 4 or more years?) at Sloane Square has an excellent reputation, is popular with parents and definitely keen on embedding teaching and using of de-stressing techniques in the school.

If results are up, it looks as if that's paying off.

NWgirls Sun 08-Jan-17 23:25:44

FHS SS did incredibly well in 2016 GCSE, and is in an uptrend, well done to them. In A-levels there remains a significant gap in favour of FHS RP. Destinations (oxbridge, medicine) as well, as you would expect. (But if the improvement is sustained, the gap might of course disappear, and you can expect 2018 A levels to be better if most of that cohort stayed)

Unfortunately I don't know FHS SS first hand so don't want to speculate about it or compare, other than to say that, yes, I know some RP parents who see RP as more down to earth.

Plenty of West London girls at RP, but few very far out. W and NW postcodes dominate, some SW and the odd N and E.

Watch and listen to your DD when she comes out of each school - mine was always smiling after RP...

My DD is in year 9 at FHS RP. Very happy.

user1483816984 Sat 04-Feb-17 21:02:21

Francis Holland SW1 seems to be adding outstanding sports results and musical performance to its excellent GCSE results. It is winning regional championships in netball and swimming and hockey is also on the up. There seems to be energy and vision there but can it break through into the premier division? The heads seems determined it will.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now