Talk

Advanced search

Hurtwood House

(9 Posts)
schazzler Thu 29-Sep-16 07:01:37

My DS has just been offered a place at Hurtwood House for September 2017. He's very into all sorts of performing arts - particularly rock music - and he loved the school when he went to visit. We also liked Bedales, but feel that HH is more academically rigorous. Very tempted to go for Hurtwood - thoughts? I've seen some criticism that there are too many international students - why is that a bad thing? We're British expats living in the Middle East, so he'd be boarding for the first time. Any thoughts gratefully received before we take the plunge.

homebythesea Thu 29-Sep-16 08:15:41

My Dd waiting to hear for 2017! We didn't like Bedales, can't put my finger on why, just left us cold. Hurtwood I think offers the best balance between the performing and academic sides. We are on tenterhooks- DD will be gutted if she doesn't get offered a place!

schnazzler Thu 29-Sep-16 11:37:42

That's what we thought too. Best of luck for your DD. Fingers crossed smile. We're going back for another visit in October, just to make sure.

homebythesea Thu 29-Sep-16 11:39:54

Can I ask how quickly after they got the current school reference did they let you know? I'm hesitating to chase but a deadline to apply to for another school is looming and we won't bother if we get the nod from Hurtwood.

schnazzler Thu 29-Sep-16 15:19:47

That was exactly my concern - I had to line up a Plan B, which, living abroad is quite a big deal. So I followed up with the school and asked! Worth a try and see what they say. Good luck.

homebythesea Thu 29-Sep-16 17:07:10

Thank you- it's been a week since the reference was sent so I think if I don't get anything in the mail tomorrow I will ring. I'm kind of hoping it's just because they are busy at this time of year rather than the other......smile

schnazzler Thu 29-Sep-16 21:43:07

Best of luck 🙂

homebythesea Fri 30-Sep-16 10:24:47

It's good news!!

schnazzler Fri 30-Sep-16 21:52:13

Fantastic! So pleased!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now