mill hill county high school

(5 Posts)
lollywoody Mon 26-Sep-16 14:29:59

My DD scored 266 out of 282 in the second round of MHCHS exams this year. Last two years, 24 places have been offered to those who scored 270 or above. Does anyone know what the lowest score was of of those children who actually accepted the offer and started year 7 at the school over the last few years?

passthecheese Tue 27-Sep-16 08:52:37

266 is a good score but is it good enough for this year? You'll only find out by applying. The worst that can happen is you don't get a place in March. But then you'll go on the waiting list, if you don't get a place on a higher placed school on your list, and I'd guess that you'd probably get a place by July. But then again you may not. It's hard to tell with MHCHS as there are so many initial applicants but the vast majority of places are given to locals and siblings. If there are more than 90 siblings there are fewer selective places, that hasn't been the case yet but who knows.

Sorry not much help, but good luck.

lollywoody Tue 27-Sep-16 14:14:20

thanks for that.
The school yesterday said the lowest scoring pupil who eventually got a place last year had scored 258. Fingers crossed.

ImMummy29 Thu 09-Mar-17 17:22:49

Hi everyone

I know its a yr old thread but my DD is also in similar situation, she got 267 in Mill Hill test. Can anyone plz tell me whats was lowest accepted score in Mill Hill in 2016 i.e. last year?

Dear lollywoody did your DD got the offer and started last year. Plz reply.... waiting to hear any info.

thanks

camcam1 Fri 10-Mar-17 10:34:45

ImMummy29- your daughter has a very good score with 267 and I expect her to have a place very soon.
The lowest score to be offered a place for last sept 2016 start was 258, I believe. This was through remaining on the waitlist.
This year those on 271 and above were offered one of the 24 spaces. However, most if not all will reject the offers for independents or after March 15 when schools such as HBS, QE boys, Latymer, Watford Grammars and Dame Alice Owens etc start working through their waiting list.
There is a lot of movement on the Mill Hill County waiting list up until August/ sept and it usually goes up by 30+ places each year.
My own child is on 264, however we will not accept the Mill Hill County place, if offered (which expect to be) as we are happy with the school offered.
It's a fantastic school- try not to fret too much as you've got a great chance with that score. Good luck x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now