Talk

Advanced search

Best ks3 maths book?

(7 Posts)
HeyMacWey Sat 10-Sep-16 21:34:55

It's been some years since I did maths and I thought it'd be useful for me to have a reference book at home to help understand the dc's homework.

Any recommendations for a good one?

noblegiraffe Sun 11-Sep-16 09:56:34

The textbooks are all pretty crap tbh. You could get a CGP ks3 maths revision guide, they're usually ok although I haven't seen the new ones.

NicknameUsed Sun 11-Sep-16 10:10:33

DD's school used MyMaths which is an online resource. I used to teach myself maths from it to help support her, and learned a lot that way.

Find out if the school has a log in for this. If not just google MyMaths log in and see what log ins come up.

HeyMacWey Sun 11-Sep-16 15:40:11

I'll have a look at the cpg one.
And yes mymaths was good when they used it at primary.
I guess YouTube is another resource.

NicknameUsed Sun 11-Sep-16 16:46:48

MyMaths isn't just for primary school. DD's secondary school used it. It is useful for up to GCSE level at least, and I believe it goes up to A level. I haven't checked as DD isn't doing A level maths.

noblegiraffe Sun 11-Sep-16 17:20:28

Yes, mymaths has A-level on there too.

JustRichmal Sun 11-Sep-16 21:24:00

When home educating dd for KS3 and GCSE I used the Letts revision guides and workbooks, which are very similar to the CGP and then used Khan Academy videos for the bits I did not understand.

I believe Hegartymaths is also a very good website and examsolutions.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now