We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Is there a Boarders thread at all?

(15 Posts)
thekingfisher Thu 08-Sep-16 16:36:04

DS just started weekly boarding Y9 - we are having a little rocky start and would be good to have some sympathetic and experienced boarders to chat too.

I don't need an assessment as to whether its the right thing to do please though...

TeenAndTween Thu 08-Sep-16 17:00:13

On the Education board.

DianaMitford Thu 08-Sep-16 17:02:37

Hi, my DD is Yr 10, weekly boarder. She started in Yr 9. Happy to chat if you need a friendly ear smile

abear Thu 08-Sep-16 17:04:45

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/education/2716472-Support-Thread-for-Boarders-no2

thekingfisher Thu 08-Sep-16 17:11:08

Thanks Diane.

He's been actually sick both of the mornings so far ! Medical centre think its a bit on anxiety - he's not found much he likes to eat and isn't getting much sleep which is a bit of a sick trigger for him....

Ive also posted on the other thread in Education within the Education board.

I'm missing him a lot and its taking all my will power and a lot of crisps to stop me jumping into the car and bringing him home....

kormachameleon Thu 08-Sep-16 17:12:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

thekingfisher Thu 08-Sep-16 17:29:55

Thanks - being sick every morning was not one of the scenarios I had envisaged for him - I feel so silly that I also didn't put more 'homey' food in his tuck box so he could at least eat some stuff he fancied ...

Ive now got a list to send him back with on Monday

Hoping for a better night for him and him actually making it to the first lesson and feeling better in himself.

Matron said he has seemed to fit in well and is getting stuck in and doesn't seem homesick its just seems to be the early morning .....

My diet has taken a hit and all I can do atm is wine chocolate

kormachameleon Thu 08-Sep-16 18:06:12

thekingfisher Thu 08-Sep-16 19:31:53

Thankyou Korma - have had an email from housemaster who says he's fine and very happy this evening so all good and fingers crossed no Vom show tomorrow am!

DianaMitford Thu 08-Sep-16 19:36:47

It will take a while for him to settle in completely. It's all so new. I know exactly what you mean by jumping in the car!! Best not, though. Sound cheery when you speak to him and keep in contact with the housemaster/mistress. Is it co-ed or single sex?

Davros Thu 08-Sep-16 20:58:32

no personal experience but flowersflowersflowers to you. Have some wine and chocolate

kormachameleon Thu 08-Sep-16 22:58:45

thekingfisher Fri 09-Sep-16 12:27:01

Well I now have ds in bed at home having been sick again this morning. Going to keep him at home tonight and back in the morning for lessons and matches then hopefully start a fresh Monday!.

Hes in really good spirits and loving it - just not loving being sick. He's waking up and feeling really ill within and hour or so the once he's been to the San after a vow and a little rest is fine again! baffling!

kormachameleon Fri 09-Sep-16 14:03:48

CountessDracula Fri 09-Sep-16 16:34:42

Maybe you should hop in the car and bring him home.
poor little mite sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now