GCSE coursework, apparently it can't be remarked?

(5 Posts)
bloomburger Fri 02-Sep-16 08:46:00

Is this right?

DDs school have told her she has to resist a GCSE as coursework cannot be remarked.

Not that they won't remark hers but coursework can never be remarked.

She was told she'd get an A for her chemistry coursework but got a D when it was marked by examiner.

Her grade went from a projected A to a C which has a huge impact on a level choices and future.

Are they just trying to wriggle out of remarking the whole years or is it right that the coursework aspect of the GCSE cannot be remarked?

Want to drive down there and strangle someone!!

Ratley Fri 02-Sep-16 08:49:24

I think that has always been the case. I'm sure we were told that at school. That it was marked then moderated, that it can go down I remember my English initially being a B but being moderated to a C. I was told that the moderation makes sure the marking is fair.

PotteringAlong Fri 02-Sep-16 08:50:58

Corsework cannot be remarked; school is correct.

catslife Fri 02-Sep-16 10:12:01

Posted on your previous thread but individual coursework cannot be remarked. The school can request a review for the complete centre but would only do this if a large number of candidates were affected.
See link for AQA information www.aqa.org.uk/exams-administration/results-days/post-results/moderation-review.

bloomburger Fri 02-Sep-16 12:05:32

Have spoken to them. There has been some marking discrepancies which they are looking into apparently!

At least something is being done!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now