Talk

Advanced search

Art GCSE re- mark?

(5 Posts)
Markmyplace13 Thu 25-Aug-16 19:59:00

DD recieved a 'D' this morning despite being predicted a B and her art teacher saying after her art exhibition evening in May that she might just scrape an A. Don't understand how a teacher can get it so badly wrong! So, she brought home a lot of her course work and some of the bigger pieces we got rid of over the summer as we just didn't have the room (she kept her favourite pieces of work). This means we can't ask for it to be re-marked then doesn't it? If she doesn't have the entire coursework to resubmit. Or do they take photos on the day of marking? Really don't know what to do. She is devastated - wanted to do A-level art, fine art at uni and now can't even do A-level. Please advise if you can, thanks.

Coconutty Thu 25-Aug-16 20:32:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

claricestar Thu 25-Aug-16 20:47:11

I strongly suggest she tries to get on a level 2 art and design course at college, then she can progress to an Extended Diploma in Art and Design at level 3. She will be able to progress to higher ed from this. I teach these subjects at FE and if a student has a grade D but a good portfolio I will take them on at Level 2 (if they have 5 A-C's including English and Maths, I'd consider them for level 3...it depends on the college) Many students have progressed to a degree course via this route, despite not having a C at GCSE. I wish her all the best...there are options out there.

Markmyplace13 Thu 25-Aug-16 21:51:17

Thanks so much both. I've just dropped an email to the schools art head of dept about her result and we will talk to the sixth form college when she enrols tomorrow about the level 2 or Extended Diploma which I didn't know anything about so really pleased you suggested. She has 6 x A-C incl. English & Maths. She's had lots of tears today but to shamelessly quote a Coldplay song 'Everything's not lost' smile Thanks again for your advice.

Coconutty Fri 26-Aug-16 07:59:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now