Can SDS re-sit GCSE Geography

(9 Posts)
LippyLiz Thu 25-Aug-16 10:13:39

He got a D and wanted to go on to do A Levels

LippyLiz Thu 25-Aug-16 10:14:15

Sorry means DSS...,

TeenAndTween Thu 25-Aug-16 16:15:05

Sorry, I'm a bit unclear.
One D should not prevent him from doing A levels in general.
Or are you saying he wanted to do Geography for A level?

LippyLiz Thu 25-Aug-16 17:02:13

Yes, he wanted to geography A level

TeenAndTween Thu 25-Aug-16 20:02:42

umm. OK then.

Would this be at the same school? What was he predicted?
Did he really screw up something, like answer the wrong case study question? i.e. Are there major excuses / extenuating circumstances for the result that he could plead with the school? No chance of a numerical counting error?

Was it only Geography that was a lot lower than expected? If all grades down, it could be due to lack of work.

You need to talk with the school I think.

LadyPenelope68 Thu 25-Aug-16 21:45:47

It's only English and Maths that you can resit and most places will not let him study to as level having only achieved a D.

superram Thu 25-Aug-16 21:48:33

We wouldn't accept him to do geography. Unless there are extenuating circumstances, we don't take anything less than a b. Don't want to be harsh but with and at GCSE it is highly unlikely he would pass an a level and it would be unfair to set him up to fail.

LippyLiz Thu 25-Aug-16 21:53:34

That's great thank you. He said he didn't think he'd could resit but I thought you could resit all subjects so just thought I'd check. Obviously not.

superram Thu 25-Aug-16 22:56:59

He can resit the exam (but not until next summer and that will be his final chance as the course is changing). Very few places would offer anymore teaching though-he would just sit the exam and you would have to pay. However, this still won't get him on an a level geography course in September.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now