Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would like opinions on InvestIn Education programmes for Law for 15-18 yr olds.

(8 Posts)
purpleday45 Mon 22-Aug-16 22:24:24

Hello, I am a sixth form student who is interested to do a day of work experience with the InvestIn Education. I am thinking of doing the Young Lawyers Progamme and the LNAT Excellence Programme, as I am interested to study Law at university.

If anyone has taken part in these programmes before or has a son/daughter who has, I would really appreciate your feedback on these programmes.

Thanksgrin

purpleday45 Wed 24-Aug-16 23:21:49

Bump smile

McCrory1234 Thu 25-Aug-16 16:21:12

Hi my son went on the Young Lawyer Programme last year and really enjoyed it. He said he met some really helpful lawyers and I think it looked good on his UCAS form

conversant Fri 11-Aug-17 23:48:22

My experience with this company is hideous. Their programs have no value and they are horrendous people to deal with.

nightswimming1 Sat 12-Aug-17 02:10:17

Can I suggest instead you write to some firms of solicitors, individual barristers, or even to your local mags/crown court to apply directly for this kind of work experience? That's what I did (albeit some time ago although I know of other prospective students doing it that way now) and I had some good experience on my cv before applying for law. It shouldn't be necessary to use an external provider. My City firm handled its own school work experience program and I know they still do. All the best to you.

traviata Sat 12-Aug-17 17:45:39

Try a week's mini-pupillage in a barrister's chambers. Info here and here

Allthebestnamesareused Sat 12-Aug-17 17:51:20

As a solicitor I would say contact firms direct for actual work experience.

They will only provide info that you can get online or at your uni later and charge you for the privilege.

titchy Sat 12-Aug-17 18:47:47

Bit late - OP was a year ago!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now