Advanced search

Croydon in year admission

(16 Posts)
Emilychas Sat 13-Aug-16 02:11:23

I called up the council today to ask for a in year admission form to be sent to my house but they told me it had to be done online .So I went online and I'm so confused on the Croydon council website .My child is in secondary school by the way .And yes as I was saying I thought I had to click the admissions link but as soon as I clicked it it told me the website is under construction until the end of August which is near school starting meaning my child won't get to go to a new school for the new year which she is dreading .Any help hmmconfusedconfusedconfused

merlottime Sat 13-Aug-16 07:42:13

The site was working ok when I just checked. You need to follow he link for in year admissions, then when you click the link to the form the iCAF comes up. They say on the website that they can provide paper copies if you need, so I would phone them back on Monday if it still isn't working for you.

However as few staff will be in schools before the new term you may find that nothing can be progressed until early/mid September. Good luck.

Ladymuck Sat 13-Aug-16 08:52:49

All Croydon secondary schools, apart from 5 faith schools, are academies, so you should be able to apply directly, though of course as Merlottime points out, you may have to wait a couple of weeks to hear.

Emilychas Sat 13-Aug-16 13:23:46

I'm so confused on which link to click because there's so many .Would you mind giving me a step by step guide .i would be really great fullblushconfused

merlottime Sat 13-Aug-16 13:53:06

I can't seem to type this in so that you can click on it and get through to the right page, but if you copy/paste this web address into your prowser it gets you to the form you need. You can then print it off, fill it in, and send it in:

merlottime Sat 13-Aug-16 13:54:05

Ah, it worked! you should be able to click through after all.

Emilychas Sat 13-Aug-16 13:57:14

Thanks for your effort but they said it had to all be done online which is crazy but yeah ,I need the online one blushxxxx

NynaevesSister Sat 13-Aug-16 14:23:14

This is the page on their website. It seems that you either use the iCAF form or if it's a Harris school, apply directly to the school.

I would suggest calling again and ask them to talk you through it. I live in Southwark and have been astonished at how, when I have rung up, I have been given completely inaccurate information. Turned out the person wasn't even from their admissions, just got my phone call. I called back again and specifically asked for admissions and got a whole different story!

Emilychas Sat 13-Aug-16 14:27:27

It's really crazy isn't it and thanks I'll have a look

Emilychas Sat 13-Aug-16 14:33:03

It's the same link I have been using but it doesn't bring me to the online application form .That one needs to be printed and the council said it can now only be done online

merlottime Sat 13-Aug-16 15:49:47

I wonder if they think you are looking for the normal admissions round, which is online, rather than an in Year place. Try calling again and maybe specify which year it is for so they can't be any doubt? Do you which schools you are interested in? If so maybe try emailing the schools directly as well?

Emilychas Sun 14-Aug-16 22:30:41

Hello , If I was to apply for my daughters in year admission for school do you think I would get the results back in time for when school starts which is September the 5 ?confused

merlottime Mon 15-Aug-16 07:51:20

Unlikely. The school staff who look after these things will probably not be at work until a day or two before the kids go back.

Ladymuck Mon 15-Aug-16 10:13:14

Have you just moved to the area or are you in an existing local school. I suspect that in year transfers may not be the top priority in the first couple of weeks of term. Are you looking to move to an academy or a maintained school?

NynaevesSister Mon 15-Aug-16 20:29:01

Were you in a London Borough before? If not can you register with

NynaevesSister Mon 15-Aug-16 20:32:00

Oh ignore that posted by accident. I think that it's the eAdmissions site you need to use, for all of London, for in year transfers and new admissions at reception and year 7.

However the site is down and not back up until the end of the month!

I do know for a fact that Croydon can still take paper admissions because I know of at last one person who had to use one to apply for a Reception place out of cohort (which the online system doesn't let you do). She had to take the form in to the office herself though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now