Talk

Advanced search

Equipment List for 6th Form

(10 Posts)
OnTheBirdBranch Thu 28-Jul-16 14:44:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

noblegiraffe Thu 28-Jul-16 14:48:52

It will depend on what subjects they are taking but I would suggest the usual pens and highlighters, lever arch files for each subject (more than one each may be needed) lots of dividers and plastic wallets.

BackforGood Thu 28-Jul-16 15:03:12

Much the same as they've had through secondary. Fewer subjects, but more stuff for each subject. Bag was what mine had been using in Yr11.
Yes, folder for each subject but my dc tends to leave her folders in her locker so has them for lessons. A memory stick might be useful - they have more study periods and can do some work at school as well as at home.

LockedOutOfMN Thu 28-Jul-16 15:20:29

Agree with previous posters. Maybe best to see the lay of the land in the first week or so as different teachers and subjects may have different ways of working.

For Maths and foreign languages best to check with the school / teacher the model / edition of things like calculators and dictionaries before buying.

errorofjudgement Sat 30-Jul-16 17:57:10

I know it's a bit of a tangent, but have you (your DC) checked if there are any summer tasks that need to be completed over the holidays before term starts in September?

Backpack
Yes to a folder for each subject - keep at home and file each evening. Just take an A4 pad each day.
Loads of polypockets.
Highlighters
Yes to memory stick.

AtleastitsnotMonday Sat 30-Jul-16 22:29:49

Totally dependent on subjects. Buy txt books directly from school if necessary. Basic stationary including lever files and lined paper. I'd hold on memory stick if she hasn't got one already as a lot of places now use google docs or the cloud. Definitely hold on a new calculator if doing maths as there will be a recommended model (often available from school). (Ps calculators bloody expensive!)
Bag wise, I'd imagine it carries place to place and somewhat on what subjects so how much needs lugging around each day. Also on the commute being dropped at the door requires a less practical bag than 2 mile walk with a train and two buses!

raspberryrippleicecream Sat 30-Jul-16 23:23:14

DS1 has just finished and had a system of ring binder and lever arch file in a different colour for each subject. Current stuff in ring binder, older stuff in lever arch.

For Maths, he went through a lot of graph paper, think he ended up getting it online.

FayaMAMA Sat 30-Jul-16 23:32:04

My youngest brother is doing his A Levels now and has mountains upon mountains of paperwork. Having a folder for each subject will work for first couple of terms but they will probably need more like a folder for every 1 or 2 topics (if they're taking enough notes and printing off electronic learning materials for easy access, that is)!

Obviously equipment is subject dependent, but for writing based subjects all that is necessary is a pen and lined paper.

I used a fancy (very impractical) handbag when I did my A Levels....

Grausse Mon 01-Aug-16 16:04:15

For maths both of mine liked these squared books.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now