please Help.! Full Bursary at colet court, UCS And Westminster

(10 Posts)
secondaryschool Sat 09-Jul-16 11:42:12

Hello everyone..
does anyone got full bursary at Colet court- St Pauls , UCS or Westminster? How does it work?
does my son has to sit for another exam for bursary? what is the minimum marks he should get to have full bursary?
please advice. I really appreciate.
Thank you

Gruach Sat 09-Jul-16 12:02:00

Have you read the websites and prospectuses of each school? Their procedures and routes to further details should all be clearly set out - probably under "Admissions".

Every school that offers bursaries will have its own individual approach - so you need to familiarise yourself with each one in good time and then decide what you are comfortable with.

AnotherNewt Sat 09-Jul-16 12:20:04

You need to check the school website, for when they award bursaries, how much (I think all three say they can go to 100% for the senior schools, but you also need to ask how often they have done that in the last few years; they may prefer to make more smaller awards).

No there is no additional exam. The prospective pupil needs to be one they really want to see in the school, which might mean academic or other strengths. Parents are means tested. Then there is the decision making process of looking at the bursary candidates, the amount of money available to fund them and deciding which they want most.

secondaryschool Sat 09-Jul-16 12:26:46

DearGruach
Thank you for your reply. Yes I have read. all schools have mentioned on website they do full bursary. but I never heard anyone who got full.
x

secondaryschool Sat 09-Jul-16 12:28:47

Thank you so much.

TheRealAdaLovelace Sat 09-Jul-16 12:29:51

If your son passes the entrance exam for St Pauls and your income is low enough then he would get a full bursary. All of this information is available through the schools's websites.

Eastpoint Sat 09-Jul-16 12:31:59

My assumption would be that 100% might be offered in exceptional circumstances but that 95% would be more likely. My son was at Colet & aware of boys with bursaries (they were usually very proud of their achievement) both parents worked in all instances, with some going back to work when their children started at Colet. Check how much the school bus would cost if your son would need it as it can be very expensive especially if you live somewhere like Golders Green (I think that's where the furthest north bus goes from). Once they are a bit older it is cheaper to just use the tube & bus but that is too much for a 7 year old on their own in my opinion.

Gruach Sat 09-Jul-16 12:43:50

secondaryschool It wouldn't matter if dozens of people had told you their children had full bursaries, each school will assess your personal circumstances differently - bearing in mind how much they want your child. Which is a roundabout way of saying that no one here can give you a definitive answer.

I don't know how much phone or face to face contact is usual at these particular schools while applying - but Admissions departments are usually very helpful in guiding one through the application process.

Michaelahpurple Sun 10-Jul-16 16:12:47

I am not sure they do them at 7/8+ - my impression was they are from year 7 entry at Wus and Colet but that is far from definitive.

Eastpoint Sun 10-Jul-16 17:16:09

Historically boys had them at Colet after 8+. OP just look on their website & check. The schools are all keen to support low income applicants who qualify for bursaries, ring them & talk to the admissions departments. You can say you don't want to give your name.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now