Talk

Advanced search

omg - I think I've messed up the 11+ application - what do I do?

(13 Posts)
Pendu Thu 07-Jul-16 09:20:00

I cannot find a phone number or anything to call them...
In our area 11+ counts for 4 schools and I cannot see any email or evidence with regards to my application (which has now closed)

I have no idea what to do as it was online submission and I have no confirmation for this ...

Anyone have any ideas ? sadsadsadsad

LIZS Thu 07-Jul-16 09:22:44

Which LA? Try School Admissions on their website.

Pendu Thu 07-Jul-16 09:40:30

It's berkshire - they sort of group together . Would phoning the LA help? I am not sure who "organises" it but now I'm terrified I didn't do it correctly and they do not accept late applications at all. I miss the days of paper sad

I have emailed 2 of the schools - I'm such an idiot to not check sooner

Pendu Thu 07-Jul-16 13:27:19

I called one school who says even if on their IT system they find evidence of an attempt of submission there is nothing I can do about it sad

I cannot believe an IT hiccup has ruined DSs chances sad

CotswoldStrife Thu 07-Jul-16 13:31:43

Did you have to pick a 'preferred test centre' to take the exam at - if so, try contacting them. Here you make a central application but have to nominate a school to take the exam at.

Was there no email confirmation at all?

Pendu Thu 07-Jul-16 14:31:07

There is no confirmation email but I thought maybe info would come in the post and have now chased it up.... and I did it via a college computer and the IT desk here says history is wiped every time we log out , so I cannot prove it via my computer history.

Pendu Thu 07-Jul-16 14:32:00

I think I picked an exam centre - It was about 2 months ago so u can't be sure, but if I did then I know which one I would have chosen and it's them who I have called.

2StripedSocks Thu 07-Jul-16 16:52:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mary21 Thu 07-Jul-16 19:00:58

Might be worth putting a post on the Berks thread of 11 plus forum

dataandspot Thu 07-Jul-16 19:04:35

I had this happen to me because I have a hotmail account. They had the record of my application.

Hope it's the same for you op!

Pendu Thu 07-Jul-16 19:24:52

What's 11plus forum?

BananaL0af Thu 07-Jul-16 19:56:26

Pendu this is the eleven plus berkshire forum. Hope you get some useful answers.

Pendu Thu 07-Jul-16 20:12:41

Just posted. - fingers crossed. Apparently a lot of people miss the deadline and claim the form got lost so that explains why the school seemed abit miffed when I said that, though it's really true ! shock I'm going to have to say a lot of prayers this week sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now