Talk

Advanced search

advice on relocating with year 7 boy

(4 Posts)
Morgieboys12 Wed 22-Jun-16 07:05:11

Hi, I'm in a position where unfortunately s not made friends in hometown where his high school is & he is so resigned , so as I don't feel connected to the town we are to relocate. Any advice on how to make this transition smooth for him would be great. An added complication is that I'm separated but s father very involved & we are friends. Do we move to fathers town or relocate to a new place that I have a great gut feeling about with a fabulous friendly high school. Fathers town does have a good school but currently no places & I don't get a good feeling about it as they won't let us look around until applied. I've checked out new homes here & ok but doesn't seem as friendly as new place. I'm abit lost on what to do for the best .................... any thoughts , advice would be great

8FencingWire Wed 22-Jun-16 07:13:18

Contact the school, see if they don't have an induction day/trip for just the year 7s.
Consider a few days in a summer camp/leisure centre holiday club.
I know he's year 7, but can you go to the park? Children make friends anywhere, well, most of them do.

N21mummy Fri 24-Jun-16 19:44:28

We moved from rural Scotland to London when my eldest was a similar age. He made friends through Scouts before he even got a school place, so when he did get a school place, he already had some friends in his form and some of his subject classes.

Morgieboys12 Fri 24-Jun-16 21:59:54

that is a great idea . Yes I can explore clubs through the summer that he can join. There is cadets I think which he may be interested in & I've just found a sailing club which we both like. Thanks so much

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now