Talk

Advanced search

edexcel c3 maths A2

(7 Posts)
tropicalfish Tue 21-Jun-16 14:02:25

DD is very upset as she found it to be quite a difficult paper. Anyone here know how their dc found it. DD was hoping for high grade.
Thanks
TF

japanesegarden Tue 21-Jun-16 14:12:29

My DD was also hoping for a high grade and also found it hard. She has been stalking TSR, where views seem to be be mixed - however, I suppose the most able students of all, including those also doing FM, probably post disproportionately on there. Or at least I hope so confused

tropicalfish Tue 21-Jun-16 14:26:03

tsr is a nightmare. Its so SLOW!!! I agree about the Further maths brigade, they dont make it easier for people just doing normal maths with them retaking everything.

Peaceandl0ve Tue 21-Jun-16 16:31:11

My DD was always going to struggle with this one! It was even worse than she thought and she still has C4, S2 and chem and biol in between to get through. I have never seen her this defeated.

jeanne16 Tue 21-Jun-16 17:15:52

All this year's Edexcel Maths A level papers seem a bit harder than in previous years. Not sure why. The exam boards do always say they will give the same number of grades every year so we will have to watch this space. (I teach Maths in a Secondary school btw).

Spanielcrackers Tue 21-Jun-16 17:24:52

My son was rather glum. He said it was the worst paper he'd seen. His friend at a different school was equally glum.
There is an unofficial answer scheme on TSR which has cheered him up slightly.
I've told him to go in to C4 expecting something equally as difficult.
Two of his friends have decided that they won't make the grade for university now.

Coconutty Tue 21-Jun-16 21:53:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now